Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

 GAP shorts, vintage Missoni clutch, Hartford button-down, vintage 60's pin and glasses.


When walking into the Metropolitan Pavilion (125, 18th street) on April 25th, I was greeted by mounds of iconic vintage Louis Vuitton trunks and furniture. I always feel delightful weather brings me good luck, and today was no exception. It was 83 degrees out and I was entering the Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show, said to be “the most fun you will ever have shopping.” How could I resist? Of course I couldn't, because courtesy of their website I scored 5 dollar coupons off the 20 dollar admission fee.
 I ventured in on their second and last day, (their opening day being Friday the 24th) where over 80 vintage venders resided--yes over 80 different vintage shops had set up camp at the pavilion. The show returns October 9th and 10th, February 5th and 6th, then April 23rd & 24th of 2010, so mark you calendars girlies! As I began to snap away at the people and clothing within the massive gathering, I was practically assaulted by a vendor and forced to delete every picture taken. She claimed there was a massive sign in the front directing us to do no such thing, but when I went to verify the statement, I found no such evidence. I will just have to be absolutely creative and describe to you the scene through my words.

Rows of booths with Bakelite bracelets, oodles of unsual eyeglasses, and shoes that challenged gravity filled my view. In addition, never had I seen a more intricate collection of the tweed Chanel suit jacket before. In a vendor's booth from Albany named Daybreak Vintage I found my wardrobe's newest gem, a Moschino Cheap & Chic navy, mustard, and white striped long-sleeved dress. 

2 comments:

  1. OMFG..I LUV UR DRESS EMO!

    WHERE'D U GET THAT!! U LUK HAWT AND U SHOULD TOTS WEAR IT TO SCHOOL!..ur so pretty im so proud lol ily pce

    musical soulmate ily amby

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo g-hipsta!
    i know you dont know us, but we were just browsing and your clothes are tiiiight
    also, your writing is quite good
    A++

    love,
    Marley and Jillian

    (S.O.M.L. bloggurzz)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...