Friday, December 25, 2009

Pop, Goes My Heart

Just reading about the Brooklyn Flea makes me drool over their rows of vendors filled with artisanal cupcakes and unique well-priced vintage. I never did make it over to the market, and I forever regret not doing so in the nice weather. But for the holiday season it seemed there was a glimpse of hope. The Brooklyn Flea had opened a Pop-up shop on East 4th and Lafayette. On a blustery day I made rounds on the smaller, temporary version of the flea market. There were very few vendors within, a wonderful woman selling chocolate covered honeycomb, vintage fabric covered shoes, various costume jewelry stands, and an interesting table full of Map Totes.  I was quite upset that the 1 dollar Kumquat Cupcakes was nowhere to be found!

After my vintage adventures I stopped in Angelique for an Apricot Walnut scone. The second I spotted the heart shaped seats, I was sucked in.
A cupcake christmas tree, must have been made for me!
Papabubble, just on the edge of Little Italy, sells delicious gourmet candy with surprising flavor combos. The store is set up like a candy laboratory; if you’re lucky, jars of the tasty gems will line the counters for sampling. All of the candy is made on site in front of the customers. Their most delectable flavors are the Grapefruit Fizzy Soda candy, Caramel Apple, and the Sour Watermelon.
Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. ah I would love to go to the Brooklyn Flea Market in the summer, the smaller verison looks just as amazing, you're lucky you found out about it!

    lovelove,
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just saw you added me as a friend on IFB through an email and It's my first time on your blog, I just wanted to tell you I think it's amazing! You have great style and visit awesome places

    I also enjoy frequenting brooklyn flea markets and thrift shops you always find great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog on IFB! Hi! Love learning about NYC. Went for the first time a year ago and hope to go again - maybe next year!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog on IFB! Hi! I love learning about NYC - I went for the first time a year ago and can't wait for another trip - maybe next year?!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...