Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kiosk

In SoHo my friends and I discovered a vintage sale in the Garment Room on a lower level of Greene St. The Garment Showroom was not only architecturally beautiful, but also contained some of the most lust-worthy clothes of Christian Dior, Bill Blass, and YSL. The perfect backdrop for a Nylon-esque editorial left me wanting everything from grafitti mini dresses to Godzilla rings. But mostly, I just wish that I had created such a cool space. All of the materials that went to making the lights, the floors, etc. are recycled, too!

 The Garment Room thrives on the experience it creates for the customer; you feel like you've entered this extremely eccentric recycled "home." Although I didn't buy anything, but prices were reasonable ranging from $50-$300.
GAP miliatary jacket, American Apparel striped leotard, thrift-store find atomic skirt, vintage bag, boots, and belt.

8 comments:

  1. hi, did you end up getting anything at the garment room? is it terribly expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this place is amazing, I need to go aah!

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm awfully jealous of this adventure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your skirt! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even HEARD of this place?! Why am I always so out of the loop? In any case, lovely photos and thanks for giving the heads-up on this store.

    xoxo,

    Ms. Seberg

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
    these pix are magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my days!

    If this doesn't inspire people to grab a camera and run around the world hungry for a fashionable adventure, then I don't know what will. These photographs are beautiful. Very inspiring.

    I am eager to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ZOMG
    YOURE FRIENDS ARE SO GORGEOUS AND FABULOUS
    WISH I WAS FRIENDS WITH THEM!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...