Sunday, July 25, 2010

Taking Woodstock



Every summer my family and I stay with our long-time friends in the Woodstock area. It’s always nice to get out of terribly humid New York City and head upstate for a bit, especially when the visit is filled with homemade ice cream, grilling, and the occasional bear sighting. On the drive up we made a quick stop at Bread Alone bakery, (which ironically sells a lot more than bread) for macarons, cheddar scones, and buttercream cupcakes.
Last time we visited, I went to a little church thrift shop where I found a rad 1980’s black-on-black polka-dot blazer, which fed (for the moment) my seemingly never-ending obsession with all things spotted. This time however, my fashion ventures were even more successful. The moment I walked into the thrift shop I spotted the perfect handbag that looked like a hybrid of a Mulberry bag and the classic Coach. Little did I know, in actuality it was a vintage Coach bag and I had snagged it for a mere TWO DOLLARS!! I also purchased for $4 a fabulous leopard tank top, leopard collard shirt, and fleece-lined jean jacket with a Salt Lake City emblem that I'll post about soon!
40's floral blouse from my grandma, H&M high-waisted shorts, vintage belt from Zachary's Smile, vintage loafers, newly purchased vintage Coach bag.
Next door was an antique store which always makes me happy. Each nook of the store is decorated in adorable vignettes from heart-shaped garden chairs with vintage seltzer bottles or a table filled with items that were all robins egg blue color. Even the antique 1960’s car for sale outside was adorbz.
Watermelon shaved ices
In the heart of Woodstock is a fleamarket where I bought a pair of small pink earrings made to look vintage-- I could see them being sold at Anthropologie. I recently was watching “Kid in the Candy Store” on The Food Network, where the guy tried a Bananas Foster snow cone. Inspired by that summer treat I made a bee-line for Woodstock’s local snow cone stand, and opted for the watermelon flavor; perfect in the blazing heat although, I am still wanting the Bananas Foster one.



Share |

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! I have a bag almost like that but vintage Dooney & Bourke! Loving all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been to Woodstock.. looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit and I love that hippies sign!
    Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. aghh thrifting looks so much better upstate!

    you have such a lovely blouse and of course that coach bag has some delicious-looking leather! i came across what appears to be the same bag in black on etsy...priced at $32! http://www.etsy.com/listing/68430197/vtg-black-leather-coach-purse-bras
    yours is such a great find for just $2. i am super jeal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...