Tuesday, April 19, 2011

D.I.Y. Time: Dip-Dyed Shoes

I’ve had these white canvas Mary Jane shoes for almost over two years now. Surprisingly, they’re Miu Miu, from I think the Spring/Summer 2007 collection, that I purchased at the Barney’s Warehouse Sale. Originally, the toes of these shoes were dyed with orange, but having worn them in the rain a couple of times they’ve completely faded, leaving the shoes simply white. I had been meaning to do something fun with them--- either doodling on them with black ink, or redoing their dip-dye. During a free period in school I took the liberty of going ahead with my DIY (Do-It-Yourself for those of you not hip with your lingo) plans and dip-dying them lavender, this time with acrylic paint so they won't wash off in the rain. I’m so happy with the result. In fact, not-so-coincidentally, I’ve been thinking of dip-dying the ends of hair lavender, but we’ll see!!

Follow me on Twitter @emmaedition

3 comments:

  1. These look so cute, looks just like these Dip Dye hair looks. this dip dye style is so in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, those shoes are soo cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And I love your blog! I DIY too and tried dip-dye... pink hair tips might be next... http://runwaydiy.com/2011/06/13/diy-dip-dye/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...