Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

From left to right: taro and green tea bubble teas
Lately, it has been raining nonstop here in NYC and I’m sick of it. What happened to April showers bring May flowers? I’ve been looking forward to Spring all year to wear all of my Flower Power clothes and my newly printed yin yang t-shirts I made in art class, but it’s too cold to wear them! Instead i’ve been wearing warm sweaters and knit tights which is crazy since it's MAY. 

I made this collage in my sketchbook back in March when I was getting sick of the snow and now I use it as my refuge to think of warm, sunny days that I can spend in Central Park. I have all my spring essentials included in the collage: Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume, an old ticket stub from Paris, colorful macarons, and of course, nothing says spring like my girl Martha Stewart. Really. Whenever  I think of spring, I think of Martha doing some awesome crafty project in one of her many homes with the windows wide open. Then, after, she'd wander into her garden, with her adorably chubby dogs running around her, whilest she'd pick herself an assortment of fresh veggies and lavender to use for lunch. 
Follow me on Twitter @emmaedition

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...