Friday, August 5, 2011

JELL-O Is En Vogue

"Breaking The Mold," Vogue Magazine, August 2011. Photographed by Tim Walker.
Flipping through the latest issue of Vogue, I came across one article entitled “Breaking the Mold,” by Jeffrey Steingarten, which recounts how JELL-O has gone from simply a household favorite to an “art form.” I’m not sure if it was a slow news month for Vogue or what, but I still can’t picture Anna Wintour okay-ing a 4-page article (sometimes cover stories are less!) that then features model, Kirsi Pyrhonen wearing gelatin molds on her head in an attempt to make them fashion forward. The best part of the piece is how seriously they take JELL-O, treating it as another accessories trend to integrate into one's life. Regardless, I have to say I’m so glad it made the cut. I do love JELL-O. 
Follow me on Twitter @emmaedition

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...