Saturday, October 15, 2011

Digital Princess

All drawings above by Grace Miceli 

Grace Miceli is probably one of the raddest girls on the internet right now. She was born in Chicago, IL and currently studies at Smith College. Grace cites one the biggest influences on her work as the episode of The Simpsons when the dolphins takeover. The dolphin motif is carried out throughout a lot of the collages she does but my favorite art that Grace makes are her drawings. When making the moodboard of my favorites for this post, I couldn’t stop thinking “Grace, knows my life too well.” All of her drawings satirize young people and pop culture so well. Forget having your portrait drawn by some stuffy Renaissance painter, I want to be cool enough to have my own Grace Miceli portrait. There were too many caricatures to count that I wanted to include so you’ll just have to check out them out on her website after you finish reading this. Grace even does other drawings like one of Tia and Tamera Mowry from Sister Sister, a girl with angst saying “whatever mom,” Andy Warhol, Disney Channel Gurlz, prom girl , and feminist icons like Gloria Steinem, Yoko Ono, and Kathleen Hanna.

For more on Grace check out her website and go buy her stickers and zines here!
 
UPDATE: Grace saw this post and made me my very own drawing… I AM FREAKING OUT! I am happy to see that my barrettes made an appearance.
Follow me on Twitter @emmaedition

1 comment:

  1. Grace Miceli's work is awesome. the neon colors and "uh so yeah i'm like in a relationship with my computer" is hilarious.

    you're SO lucky to have your own portrait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...